Diamond Jewelry Cleaning
Your diamond jewelry will look better and even last longer if you take good care of it. The foundation for beautiful looking jewelry is regular cleanings. Regular cleanings keep your jewelry looking its best, and are simple to do at home.
There are several solutions that are ideal for safely cleaning your diamond jewelry.
What you will need:
- Cleaner Jewelry cleaning solution that is labeled as appropriate for diamonds, liquid dish detergent, isopropryl (rubbing) alcohol, or non- ammonia-based glass cleaner.
- Brush Soft to medium hard bristles. Shaving kit brushes or toothbrushes work well.
- TowelNon-abrasive, lint-free cloth.
- Soak your ring in your selected jewelry cleaning solution for 1–2 minutes.
- Take the brush and carefully clean the top, side and bottom of your diamond around the prongs. This will help dislodge any stubborn buildup.
- Rinse your diamond under warm water to remove the cleaner and any remaining residue.
- Allow to air dry or carefully dry with the lint-free cloth or towel.
We recommend a semi-annual inspection and cleaning by a jewelry professional. All jewelry needs regular maintenance and with regular inspections, a jeweler may catch a potential service issue only seen under 10x magnification. Regularly cleaning your jewelry will keep it looking its sparkling best. A professional inspection will give you the peace of mind for the long-term enjoyment of your jewelry.
Bring your jewelry in to a Bailey Banks and Biddle store and we’ll be happy to offer you a complimentary cleaning.